Chiefs, Elders and people of Offinso South have today called on President Nana not to give ears to a diabolic move by their Member of Parliament, Abdullah Bandah and the NPP constituency Chairman of the area, Atuobi Yiadom to remove the Municipal Chief Executive of Offinso South who has performed excellently for the short time he has been in that office.
The Chiefs and their people walked through the streets of Offinso today to express their disgust over an attempt by their MP who is assisted by the NPP chairman for the area popularly known as ‘Bantama’ and some two other constituency executives of the party, who according to the chiefs, have petitioned Flagstaff House and physically went to the President, Nana Addo to ask him relieve their MCE, Solomon Kesse of his post, describing the MCE to the President as being a poor performer and not being in healthy relationship with the party executives.
In an exclusive interview with the Press at Offinso, some chiefs and the youth said the MCE, Hon. Solomon Kesse has performed too well to be sacked as his less than two years in office has seen development in almost all the sectors of the economy.
They opined that the MP, Abdullah and the party chairman, ‘Bantama’ are trying to remove MCE Hon Kesse and replace him with their crony with whom they can through all available dubious means win the upcoming parliamentary primaries for the current MP who has been signaled by chiefs and people of several communities in the Municipality through press conferences of their resolve to vote him out in the next election.
Let’s listen to the chiefs and the people of Offinso South.
According to the worried residents of Offinso South, for the short time of being in office, Hon Solomon Kesse has done a lot for us. Some of the projects mentioned include;
· Building of bungalow for the Municipal Director of Health and other municipal departmental heads
· Building of fence wall around Aboagye Clinic
· clearing of a 100-year old heaped refuse at Kokote, near St. Patrick’s Hospital
· Supply of Hospital equipment to all CHIP compounds and clinics
· Building two CHIP compounds with bungalows at Koforidua and Samproso (onging)
· Extension of electricity from Bonsua to Wawase(ongoing)
· Extension of electricity to new areas if communities already hooked to the national grid
· Supply of Nine Hundred School mono and dual desks to some basic schools
· Reshaping of roads in the Municipality e.g Namon-Wenchi, Kwapanin etc
The MCE is in good relationship with the NPP, all chiefs and elders, opinion leaders and all manner of persons in the Municipality including workers at the assembly.