President Nana Akufo-Addo has nominated five persons for five out of the six newly created regions. Seven Deputy Ministers have also been appointed by the president.
The president is yet to name a minister for the Ahafo region but a deputy minister has been appointed for the region subject to the approval of Parliament.
A correspondence signed by President Akufo-Addo dated 27th February 2019 to the Speaker of Parliament, nominated the Member of Parliament for Takordai, Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah, as the Minister-designate for Western region. He replaces Dr. kweku Afriyie who hails from Sefwi Wiawso.
The nominees are:
- Mrs. Evelyn Ama Kumi-Richardson – Minister for Bono Region
- Hon. Kofi Amoakohene, MP – Minister for Bono East Region
- Hon. Salifu Adam Braimah, MP – MP Minister for Savannah Region
- Hon. Solomon Namliit Boar MP, – Minister for North East Region
- Hon. Kingsley Aboagye Gyedu, MP – Minister for Western North Region
- Hon. Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah, MP- Minister for Western Region
- Mr. Kwasi Owusu Yeboah – Minister for Oti Region
- Hon. Siaka Stevens, MP – Deputy Minister for Bono Region
- Hon. Benjamin Yeboah Sekyere, MP – Deputy Minister for Ahafo Region
- Mr. Samuel Yeyu Tika – Deputy Minister for Savannah Region
- Mr. Tahiru Tia Ahmed – Deputy Minister for North East Region
- Hon. John Benam – Deputy Minister for Northern Region
- Hon. Alex Tetteh, MP – Deputy Minister for Western North Region
- Mr. Johnson Avuletey – Deputy Minister for Volta Region